Thursday, September 1, 2011

Research Paper

To My Readers:

Introduction: I have read thousands of professional articles in the field of English education. In this blog, I plan to select what I call 5-star ideas, ideas that are significant to me, RayS, ideas that I used in my classroom, recommended to teachers when I was a supervisor, or ideas that I might use if I were not retired. I look forward to hearing from my readers.

Some of the publications from which I selected the ideas are Language Arts. Voices from the Middle, English Journal, College English, Teaching English in the Two-Year College, College Composition and Communication, Research in the Teaching of English,and  English Education from the National Council of Teachers of English. From the International Reading Association, I read The Reading Teacher, Journal of Adolescent and Adult Literacy and Reading Research Quarterly. I also read The Writer, a publication by writers for writers and The Wall Street Journal.

RayS.

Research Paper

Q. What are the advantages of paraphrasing in note taking?
A. "By actively engaging with the material to write it in their own words, students have the opportunity to process the content and develop better understanding of it." K Guinee and MB Eagleton. English Journal (Mar. 06), 52.

No comments:

Post a Comment